As the study of wounds and illnesses, pathology serves as a link between science and medicine. Pathology has reduced illness, including diseases like polio, and has developed vaccines to treat various illnesses. The study of pathology is interesting. A reputable pathology institution in India, however, might be challenging. We have compiled a list of India’s top 10 pathology colleges.
The top ten pathology colleges in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi pathology college
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore pathology college
- Christian Medical College, Vellore pathology college
- Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka pathology college
- Madras Medical College, Chennai pathology college
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow pathology college
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi pathology college
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow pathology college
- The Armed Forces Medical College, Pune pathology college
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) university, Pondicherry pathology college
Given below are the names of the 10 best pathology colleges in India.
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
Situated in New Delhi, AIIMS ranked number one for four consecutive years in the field of medical sciences. AIIMS has 15 branches all over India, in prime locations such as Patna, Bhopal, Raipur, etc. The institute has even expanded its horizons by collaborating with foreign institutions. The college aims to provide the best opportunities for its students by encouraging them to joint research and student exchange programs. AIIMS offers 43 disciplines, including UG, PG, Doctoral, and super specialization courses in many fresh streams. To name some: nursing, biotechnology, paramedical, and many more. The fee for the AIIMS MBBS program is around INR 1628 per year.
2. St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore, was established in 1963 and has since been recognized by the Medical Council of India. The college offers various degrees, such as undergraduate, postgraduate, and super-specialized courses and postdoctoral fellowships. The courses are offered in many domains. In NIRF 2021, the college secured 13th place in the medical category. A course in Pathology can be done here.
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore
CMC, Vellore, is an autonomous college built in 1990. The institution has 825 faculty members. It has been placed third in the medical category of the NIRF Ranking 2021. It offers 61 programs. If you want an MD in pathology, perhaps Christian Medical College Vellore is a great option. For admission, the college accepts NEET and NEET PG scores.
4. Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka
Kasturba Medical College is situated in Karnataka and was built in 1955. Three medical councils have recognized the institution. NIRF 2020 ranked it 20th. It has 28 academic departments offering courses in pathology, physiology, biochemistry, etc. The college has excellent expertise in the medical field.
5. Madras Medical College, Chennai
They established the college in 1664 and started as a center to treat injured soldiers of the East India Company. In 1664, the Madras Medical College became a government general hospital. In 1850, it became Madras Medical College. It has secured the 16th rank.
6. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
The institution offers courses in the medical streams such as DM, M.Ch, Ph.D., etc. In NIRF 2020, the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences stood 5th in the medical category. For Students who want to join SGPIMS, they have to sit for entrance exams and interviews. The common entrance test accepted by the college is NEET. They provide M.D. and Ph.D. degrees in pathology. The application process of the institution is, however, offline.
7. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Banaras Hindu University was previously called Central Hindu College. The University is affiliated with six advanced studies centers, ten special assistance programs, and several specialized centers. It has approximately 40 departments.
8. King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
Among all the medical institutions in North Asia, King George’s Medical University is considered the best. It was located in Lucknow in 1911. The institution offers MD, MS, MDS, and PG Diploma courses at the postgraduate level. Additionally, KGMU also offers DM and M. Ch fellowships. KGMU Lucknow has collaborated with IIT Kanpur to provide a SIB-SHINE Fellowship Program.
9. The Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
AFMC is positioned in a prime location in Pune. The year of its establishment was 1948. It is a public university with MCI and DCI recognition. The institution offers various diplomas with diverse specialties. For instance, it has 12 specialties in the PG Diploma. There are also super-specialized courses available.
10. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) university, Pondicherry
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is a university located in Pondicherry. The institution has certification programs and other diplomas that help students major in various domains. It also conducts pioneering research and motivates the students right from the start. JIPMER also provides placements and internship programs.
Pursuing pathology at a renowned college is a must for students with potential. The given list has the 10 best pathology colleges in India. The pathology colleges are spread all over India.